Profile (Account) data, along with License and Billing data can be changed when you click on the "Settings" cog icon on your Dashboard screen's left-hand icon tray (located on every ROOM page, outside of in-venue meetings). It's easy to spot, just below the "Rooms" icon.
Clicking the "Settings" icon will take you to the Settings page below, where you'll notice there are two sub-heading tabs related to your data and all clickable to make changes at will:
On the Settings page the default tab is "Account" (no tabbing needed). From there you can manage:
- Profile Picture
- General (Name email, password)
- Payment Method
To add an initial Profile photo (or to later change the photo already in place), start by clicking on the blue UPLOAD button in the "Profile Picture" section...
... which will prompt a popup form to appear, providing you an "Upload an Image" button, allowing you to browse for and select a photo from your current device.
Once your picture is uploaded, it will be automatically framed within the window, but there are tools for you to adjust the final size and position of the photo.
Once you're satisfied with your photo's layout, hit SAVE and you'll be taken back to the initial SETTINGS page. To edit your name, click on the EDIT button to the extreme right of your onscreen name.
A popup form will display, allowing you to enter your name initially or to make any subsequent changes at a future date. After you enter your data, hit the blue SAVE button to submit.
You'll then be taken back to the SETTINGS starting page, from which you can change your email address, if you so choose, by clicking on the EDIT button corresponding to your email address.
Once you enter your email changes into the field and click on the "Verify Email" button, ROOM ordinarily sends a message to your current email account to ensure that it is indeed you that is making these authorized changes.
From your mailbox, you can simply click on the link provided to complete the process.
Once completed, you'll be taken back to the Settings page.
Incidentally, the process for modifying your password is much the same, and likewise, includes a password verification email.
Next, we'll go over the steps to manage your payment method (Billing), the last section available on your Settings page's Account tab. We purposely segregated the License management (choice of plan subscription) away from the payment method and into its own tab, since it is not usually accessed nearly as often.
Upon clicking on the "Edit" button in the "Payment Method" section, you'll be presented with a message offering a choice of the most current selection of payment methods available.
Currently we have two options:
... and PayPal.
Another account management option would be to upgrade/downgrade or cancel your existing plan (available on the Settings' License tab as previously mentioned).
These are the steps:
- The Plans pricing page on the License tab will look much like the one featured on the ROOM website, except that each plan card will have a subscription-related button. These are labeled and make managing your plan easier:
- Your current plan will display larger/more prominently than the other cards and be labeled as such. Its subscription-related button, “Cancel Plan”, will be blue (active) .
- All other buttons on adjacent plans will be greyed-out (inactive) and labeled “Upgrade” or “Downgrade”. Only the Enterprise plan’s greyed-out button will be labeled “Contact Us”.
- To cancel your current plan press the “Cancel Plan” button.
- If you are a Founders’ plan subscriber, an additional plan card will display along the others, enabling you to cancel with a single click of the embedded button.
- When you cancel, you will still have access to your subscription until the end of the billing cycle.
When you upgrade or downgrade your plan the system will then prompt you with a message about our pro-rated payment policy (you only pay for what you use, according to however many days per plan).
IMPORTANT! When changing plans, we will prorate the subscription costs. For example, if you are on our 6€ monthly Personal plan and you are usually billed on the 1st of every month, then you execute a plan change to our 9€ Pro plan halfway through the billing cycle (in this case, mid-month on a monthly cycle – e.g. the 15th of the 30-day month), then you have already paid 6€ and used half of that (because you're in the middle of the month). So, when you switch to the new Pro plan which has a price of 9€:
The unused portion of their current billing cycle is applied as a credit, in this case: 6€ ** (15 days unused / 30 days total) = 3€ credit.
The cost of the new plan for the remaining billing cycle (i.e. the outstanding 15 days left in the month) is a debit of: 9€ (15 days remaining / 30 days total) = 4.5€ debit.
The final prorated cost of switching from the Personal to the Pro plan is: +3€ credit – 4.5€ debit = -1.5€ charge.
This above charge amount will be added onto your upcoming recurring payment amount. If you’ve downgraded instead of upgrading, you will pay less, of course.
So, the next billed amount would include the prorated charge combined with (added to) the payment required on the new plan for the upcoming month. Thus, the next billed amount would be for a total of 10.5€ in our example (9€ for the upcoming billing interval, plus 1.5€ for the prorated amount from the plan change).
With regard to our subscription Plans, here are the details:
1. The Basic (free forever) plan’s features include: meetings of up to 60 minutes’ duration each, choice of many unique rooms, and the ability to host up to 4 participants; group chat, file sharing, and screen sharing are included.
2. The Personal plan, perfect for friends and family get-togethers, builds on the Free plans' feature set, allowing subscribers to create unlimited meetings from many unique rooms with up to 16 participants. A "personal use" watermark is displayed during meetings. (6 EUR/ month)
3. The Pro plan, the de facto successor of the Founders' plan, includes unlimited meetings for up to 24 hours duration each, the ability to host up to 16 participants and bears no watermarks. (9 EUR/ month)
4. The Business plan, recommended for small and medium-sized enterprises, contains a selection of features that includes all Pro plan benefits and more: stand-up meetings & workshop room with specialized tools integrated. Also included are a team management interface with status. Lastly, unified admin and billing. (15 EUR/ month per seat)
5. The Enterprise plan, priced and demo'd upon inquiry, comprises ROOM's large organizational solution offering, featuring all Business plan features are included, plus limited meetings for up to 24 hours, in which you can host up to 16 participants. Of special note are the customized feature set, customized rooms, and on-premise deployment focused on your brand and special business requirements.
More details pertaining to ROOM's subscription plans are provided in the following articles:
To learn more about how to change a forgotten password from ROOM's log-in form please refer to:
If you encounter any difficulties or have any questions not answered by the relevant FAQs or tutorial articles, please contact our support staff for additional help.