If you are invited to someone else's meeting, you can simply join through your Chrome, Edge or Safari browser without an account. There's nothing to download or install. The only action you need to take is to either click on a meeting link if you receive an emailed invitation to a given meeting (otherwise, copy the invitation link into your browser).
You will need an account if you wish to invite others to your own ROOM meeting. Sign up for ROOM at http://room3d.com/ and try our Basic plan for free. If you like what you see and you'd like to experience ROOM with even more features and amenities, you can opt for one of these:
- The Basic (free forever) plan, which features meetings of up to 60 minutes’ duration each, choice of many unique rooms, and the ability to host up to 4 participants. Group chat, file sharing, and screen sharing are also included (a user can upgrade to a paid plan with more features at any time).
- Trial plans, of which there are two, and each represents a 14-day trial. Users that select one of these trial plans cannot later select another:
- The Personal Plan: mainly for personal use, in a friends & family context, which has all Basic plan features plus no meeting time-limits. In contrast to the Basic plan, meetings can host up to 16 people.
- The Pro Plan: mostly for consultants and private contractors, which builds on the features found in the Personal plan by omitting ROOM brand watermarks and is licensed for commercial use.
3. The Business plan, recommended for small and medium-sized enterprises, contains a selection of features that includes all Pro plan benefits and more: stand-up meetings & workshop room with specialized tools integrated. Also included are a team management interface with status. Lastly, unified admin and billing. (15 EUR/ month per seat)
4. The Enterprise plan, priced and demo'd upon inquiry, comprises ROOM's large organizational solution offering, featuring all Business plan features are included, plus limited meetings for up to 24 hours, in which you can host up to 16 participants. Of special note are the customized feature set, customized rooms, and on-premise deployment focused on your brand and special business requirements.
Regarding the trial subscriptions, there are no ads to view or in-system purchases to make – same as with the Basic plan.
The sign-up steps for the trial plans will prompt you for some very basic information including a credit card number, although your card will not be charged unless you wish to continue with one of the full plans at the end of the 14-day trail. To be clear: if you do not want your credit card to be charged, you must proactively tell us by opting out by the end of the last day.
You also have the ability to upgrade or downgrade a from a plan to which you are currently subscribed, at any time. The different prices/ plan rates are simply prorated for you based on the number of days that you have used from each plan.
For a step-by-step walkthrough of navigating to the ROOM plans page and learning more about each, please refer to the following tutorial article: